18.8.10

Deep in the soil of the forgotten

Deep in the soil of the forgotten (with Carla)

I've buried you deep


Deep in the soil of the forgotten


I'd rather not think of the bad memories


I'd rather not dwell on something I one day called "Love"


I'd rather keep you buried


Beneath flourishing hope that one day there's more to life then dishonesty


Beautiful flowers will one day prove you wrong


Their beauty will steal your spotlight


Because all you're worth is lower than dirt.


So I've buried you deep


Deep in the soil of the forgotten


Because you're not even worth a simple memory.



Pain cascades down my face disguised as tears

Your memories bead up and trickle down my memory

Deep in the soil of the forgotten you have been laid to rest

All of the empty promises are in this hollowed heart

Emptied out from the “love” you gave to me

Or was that the heartache you placed on me

You’re not worth a flash back

In reality you are a terrible case of déjà vu

While I battle and fight back a desire to feel bad for you

I’ve buried you deep in a 6 by 6 that houses your 5 foot frame

Custom made with the shattered pieces of my essence

You did this to me and I’ve let your rancid memories go

Pain cascades down my face disguised as tears

I placed you deep in the soil of the forgotten

Forgotten as I pack the dirt of your memories around your grave

Because you’re not worth remembering



An Akili Carter original"

No comments:

Post a Comment